Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

I'm Blessed

Whether by the Fates
Or by the Gods
Or by She Who Must Not Be Named from Discworld

But I have a wonderful wife, and three absolutely awesome kids. And moreover, my kids love to roleplay. Yep, all three of them. And in a world where we are all super busy and more and more child psychologists are telling us to spend not only quality time with our kids, but quantity time with them, I thought ... who am I to fly in the face of research?

I'm a gamer, and always complaining about not enough time to game. So, why not kill two birds with one stone? And a lot of my children's characters as well? Voila! Family gaming night was born! And I don't kill them too often. Well, I don't ever kill them, they kill themselves when they make bad decisions. But hey, isn't part of my job as a parent to construct learning experiences for my children? And how much better to learn it at the gaming table than out there in real life :-)

All kidding aside, they love it and so do I. I get to spend time with some of the coolest kids on the planet, their friends and cousins and they get the almost endless attention of their game-master Dad. It could only be better if my wife played. But honestly, she like the quiet time to herself while we talk with pixies, fence goblins and finagle a few treasures from sleeping dragons at our dining room table.

So I've created a new website/blog for my family gaming campaign. Feel free to check it out some time, but keep in mind it's mainly for campaign info and stories from our family campaign. And also feel free to game with your own kids--it's a blast. Pay the gaming hobby forward!

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to read, Chris. I'll check out the campaign blog. May be able to loan something for when my own son grow enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps.
    The link doesn't work. The browser claim it can't find the server.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Janich, thanks for the read and the comments! I think I fixed the link now, blogger occasionally corrupts entries, but it hasn't happened in a while.

    For prosperity's sake it's:
    www.hackmasterfamily.blogspot.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete